Automated text messages, also known as Scheduled text messages, are pre-written communications sent to a recipient at a particular time and date. They have become a popular way to reach customers in recent years, offering businesses a way to keep in touch with their customers without spending a lot of time or money on marketing campaigns.
Here are the Pros and Cons of Automated Text Messages:
- It’s an efficient way to keep in touch with your customers and remind them about important events or sales: You can set up an automated text message campaign to remind your customers about an upcoming sale or event. This is a great way to ensure that your customers won’t forget about important dates or deadlines.
- Automated text messages are more likely to be read than emails: In a world where we are flooded with emails daily, it can be easy for messages to get lost in the shuffle. Because automated text messages display directly on your customer’s phone, they are more likely to be read.
- You can personalize text automation for each customer: Automated text messages allow you to send a personalized message to each customer. This helps create a more intimate relationship with your customers and build loyalty in the long run.
- Automated text messages are easy to set up and use; here’s how: first, you’ll need to choose a software or service that offers this feature. Once you’ve selected a provider, you’ll need to create a list of contacts that you want to receive the text messages. Next, you’ll need to write your message and schedule when you want it to be delivered. Finally, you’ll need to choose how often you want the messages to be sent.
- Automated text messages can increase your sales: Texting is the most commonly utilized tool on any cell phone and the most widely used mode of communication worldwide, so it’s no surprise that businesses use it to increase sales.
While automated text messages can be a great way to reach your customers, there are also drawbacks to using this marketing method.
- They can be disruptive: Automated text messages can be disruptive if they’re not timed well. For example, if you send a message in the middle of the night, it’s likely to annoy your customers and cause them to opt out of future messages. Some people find automated text messages to be annoying and intrusive. If you send too many texts or if your texts are not relevant, you risk annoying your customers and driving them away. It can be challenging to personalize automated text messages. However, if you want to create a truly personalized message, it’s best to write it yourself.
- Automated text messages can come across as impersonal: If your message is not well-written or relevant, it can come across as cold and impersonal. This can turn customers off and make them less likely to do business with you in the future.
- Automated text messages can be expensive: Depending on the software or service you use, automated text messages can be costly to set up and maintain. However, this may not be the best marketing strategy if you’re on a tight budget.
- You can’t always control when your customers receive your automated text messages. However, if you send a message at an inconvenient time, your customer may not see it or may not be able to respond.
- It can look Spammy: your automated text message campaign can look like spam if not done correctly because people get texts from friends and family, so it can feel like spam when they get a text from a business.
- You can’t tell if texts have been read: Unlike email, you don’t know if someone has read your text message. This can be frustrating if you’re trying to gauge the effectiveness of your campaign.
Overall, automated text messages can be a great way to keep in touch with your customers. However, there are some things to keep in mind before you start using them. First, make sure you personalize your messages, don’t send too many texts, and know when your customers will receive your messages. You can use automated text messages with some planning to improve customer relationships.